This quick guide will explain how to get started with Linkody in under 5 minutes.
Linkody is an easy-to-use and affordable backlink tracker, in real-time. It is most suitable for SEO Experts, Business Owners, Webmasters or Digital Agencies who need 24/7 monitoring of valuable backlinks & their status.
Adding domains and first backlink discovery
1) Right after signing up for Linkody and adding your first domain, this is how the page will look like while Linkody automatically searches for backlinks:
N.B. Linkody will display 1 link per referring domain. That is because the number of unique domains pointing to your website is the important metric, not the total number of backlinks (quality over quantity).
3) Scrolling to the bottom, you can increase the number of links per page (max is 100):
The free 30-day trial has a couple of limitations. Linkody will only fetch the links that have been discovered during the last 3 months and only up to 500 links are visible:
In these two sections, you can see quantitative metrics about your domain.
- (2) you will see how your domain’s MozRank, Domain Authority, Spam Score, Trust Flow and Citation Flow progress over time.
- (3)The New & lost backlinks graph will start displaying data one week after the domain is added (the 1st discovery is not included). You will be able to compare how many new backlinks you get compared to how many you lose.
You can this data for a subset of your links using the filters (2).
All the links have the following attributes so you can assess link quality:
- Added – the day this domain has been discovered by or added to Linkody
- Status – the status of the link when it was last checked
- URL From – the URL of the page linking to your domain
- Landing Page – the landing page on your site the link is pointing to
- Anchor – the visible, clickable text of the link
- Rel – NF (nofollow) or F (follow), where NF means that the hyperlink should not influence the ranking of the link’s target in the search engine’s index (Read more.)
- Moz – includes Mozrank, Page Authority and Domain Authority which represent a link popularity score and reflect the importance of any given web page on the Internet. Click on the mini-menu to switch between each metric.
- Spam Score – a metric from Moz that indicates how likely a website is to be penalized by Google (Read more.)
- Shares – the total number of social shares (hover over to see distribution by social network)
- IP – the hosting server’s country
- TLD – the Top Level Domain’s corresponding country (.com .fr etc.)
- EFL – the External Follow Links is the number of links on this page pointing to a different domain (that the domain the page is on).
The “Expanded” view will show a more detailed overview of each backlink:
Manually adding or importing links
As already mentioned, Linkody will only display 1 link per 1 referring (unique) domain, so what if you want to have multiple links from the same domain monitored?
All you need to do is add links manually. You can do this by:
- Adding “Single link”
- Adding “Multiple links”
- “CSV Import” of links
1. For adding a Single link, which is also the default option, click on “ADD LINKS”:
Then copy & paste the exact URL in the “URL from” section, select whether the link already exists or you are expecting a link from this domain, optionally change the day it was added to Linkody and hit “Add link“:
Here’s how it will look like right after adding it:
Linkody will check the backlink status and other metrics instantly and if the link already exists, the Status will be displayed as “OK“.
From the gear icon, located at the end of every row, you can edit the link if you need to:
2. Multiple links:
Note: you can only select either “These links already exist” or “I am expecting a link from these pages” which will then be applied to all added links.
3. Import from a CSV file
Here are the requirements:
- The file CSV file size must not exceed 1MB
- All you have to do is select the CSV file (1)
- Then choose a CSV Format (2)
- And press Import links (3)
Example if you use Linkody’s format, here’s how your Excel sheet should look like before you export it to a CSV file:
Simply add as many links as you’d like (SOURCE URL being the only mandatory field) and hit “File” -> “Save as” and then CSV (Comma delimited):
Now, just select the file, click on “Import” and let the magic happen – Linkody will start monitoring the imported backlinks and their status.
If you are out of links in your quota or need to delete some?
No problem, just select the links you want to delete, a menu appears at the top, hit “Delete”:
Adding tags and notes
Tags allow you to mark and categorize links so you can keep a better overview of a particular set of links.
Adding a tag to one specific link:
Name your tag and save it:
See all your tags by clicking on “Tags” in your main dashboard:
The notes give you the convenience of writing down different ideas, suggestions, or contact details for each link. It’s located right next to the tag:
You can use the Quick Search button to find both your Tags and/or Notes:
Linkody offers a wide variety of handy features and functionality which help ease the whole SEO and link building process and thus save you valuable time.