Linkody can notify you when a link you’re expecting from a specific page gets live. This short guide explains what there is to know about this feature.
What is a prospect link?
A prospect link is a potential link from a page you have identified as a good candidate, or a link that you have already negotiated and waiting for inclusion. Linkody will check for you every 24h if the link has gone live and notify you in your email reports. This feature saves you a lot of time as you don’t even have to signin to know when one of these links goes live.
Prospect link status
You can associate a status to each prospect link to help you track at which stage of the acquisition process it is.
The various status are explained below:
- candidate: potential page for the inclusion of a backlink.
- requested: owner contacted or content submitted.
- pending: request accepted or content waiting for moderation.
- declined: link inclusion rejected.
Let see when prospect links can be very useful.
- You have contacted a partner and asked him to include a link to your site from one of his pages. Create a prospect link and set the status to requested to help you remember you are expecting an answer. If he replies positively and promises you to add the link, set the status to pending and Linkody will notify you when the link goes live.
- You have posted a comment on a blog that is waiting for moderation. Create a prospect link and set the status to pending. Linkody will notify you when the link goes live.
- A webmaster has declined your request to add a backlink. Set the status to declined to remember you have already contacted him and should not do so again, at least for some time.
Visualize your prospect links
Use the advanced filters to view your prospect links: