SEO or search engine optimization is arguably the best organic strategy to promote a business or person through a website. It is a digital marketing approach that enhances a website to effectively get it to the top positions of search engine result pages. It helps increase the website’s traffic and improves brand awareness.
When looking for a particular product or service, the first thing people tend to do is search on the internet through Google or some other search engine. They tend to visit the pages that appear on the top few positions because it gives them more trust in the company. If you want your web pages to appear on the top ranks of the SERP, thereby increasing traffic and resulting in higher sales and revenue, SEO would be the ideal way to go.
Marketing experts have opted for a range of approaches to work on a website’s SEO, like tapping on various tools and channels. That includes blog content, well-optimized meta descriptions, internal and external reference links, and even social media.
Social media is one of the best digital marketing strategies. It helps connect with the target audience effortlessly, create awareness about the brand and its products and services, share engaging content, and drive traffic to the website or application. That’s why, most of the top digital marketing agencies work on Social media marketing as their SEO strategy for client projects.
Now the question is, “Can you integrate Social Media Marketing into SEO strategies?”. If so, how? But before moving on to the integration, let’s see how social media affects SEO and how it’s crucial for SEO.
How Does Social Media Affect SEO?
Although social media can’t directly influence your SEO strategies, you can easily share the links of your web pages on the social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc., where you can reach out to thousands, if not millions, of target customers and users. Sharing links can help improve brand visibility and affect the SEO effectively. The social metrics on these platforms can help increase organic search rankings and search visibility.
Here are a few ways social media affects SEO:
- Raise brand reputation
- Improve local SEO
- Enhance online visibility
- Improve brand reputation
- Increase the lifespan of timeless posts.
- Raise brand acknowledgment
Moreover, if your website attracts regular traffic from different social media channels and has a dedicated SEO strategy, it will be considered reputable and ranked higher on the SERPs. SEO Experts tend to use social media for the approaches mentioned above.
Why is social media important for SEO?
Social Media Management is one of the best ways to improve SEO strategies for promoting businesses and products. Whether it is social media or SEO Strategies, the main aim is to get your business products and services to as many people as possible.
When it comes to SEO, websites are pushed to the top rankings based on an algorithm. But you might not know that posts on social media platforms are also pushed to the top based on similar algorithms. Platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, etc. use keywords (phrases that social media users often use in the search bars), hashtags, types of content, and so on, to push the relevant posts to suitable users.
Now you might be thinking whether social media has the same potential to reach the target audience or not. In that case, let’s review some facts.
Over 8.5 billion searches are conducted on Google every day. On the other hand, more than 1 billion hours of video are watched on Youtube, and 2 billion searches are conducted on Facebook every day.
Although SEO can help you reach the audience, you can engage with the customers through social media via comments and other ways of interaction.
There are other ways Social Media Management can help Social Media Marketing:
- Brand awareness: Social media improves your company or brand’s online visibility. So when your target user searches for any product or service your company offers, your website link will appear at the top.
- Communication: One of the most significant advantages of social media is the ability to interact with potential consumers. When you post anything about your business or brand, your customers can easily post comments on it, which will tell you all about how they feel. You can take that as instant customer feedback.
- Content boost: You can post the same content on social media with a link to the original content on the web page. If the users like what they see, they will visit the website, improving the web traffic.
- Credibility: Search engines tend to put more trust in brands with active social media presence. It means your brand and products will have referrals from social platforms.
If you are looking to integrate social media with your SEO strategies, get in touch with White Label SEO Services. They will link your website with social media channels to get the best outcomes in terms of sales, revenue, and ROI.
SEO Vs. Social Media
As mentioned earlier, when it comes to digital marketing, both SEO and social media primarily aim to get the products and services sold or promoted by your company to as many people as possible. But there are several points on which these two digital marketing approaches differ:
- Target audience identification: To devise an SEO strategy, you will have to first collect and analyze the search engine data and determine what is your target audience, i.e., their age group, gender, profession, (maybe even salary range) etc. Based on that, the strategy will be created and implemented. But when it comes to social media, you can decide which platform to promote your business on. Analyzing every platform individually lets you see which would get your posts more engagement.
- Content types: With SEO, you can focus on research-based write-ups, blogs, articles, and even web pages. But with social media, you can promote your products and services through short forms of your blogs and website articles, as well as engaging pictures and videos.
- Measuring outcomes: It takes time to measure the outcomes of an SEO strategy. But in the case of a social media strategy, you can have instant feedback on your products and services through likes, shares and comments.
- Number of platforms: SEO strategies are meant to push the web pages on different search engines like Google, Yahoo search, bing, etc., and their algorithms work almost the same way. But when it comes to social media, every platform works differently. So social media strategies vastly differ for different platforms.
Although both SEO and social media approaches differ in certain details, neither should be considered more important than the other. Moreover, integrating social media into SEO Strategies can help promote the brand more effectively.
Tips to Integrate Social Media into SEO
Here are a few tips to successfully integrate social media into SEO:
- Quality is better than quantity: When it comes to brand promotion, quality contents are better than massive quantities. In SEO, it’s important to create good-quality blogs and articles to ensure they align with the search engine algorithms. Likewise, it’s important you create and share good-quality content on social media platforms to ensure they catch the eyes of the masses.
- Same keywords: The most important aspect of an SEO strategy is keyword search and insertion. But often, people forget about the keywords when integrating social media with SEO. You need to ensure the same sort of keyword strategy is used in social media posts as well. For example, you might have seen on Twitter that when you type anything on the search bar, a few phrases related to that appear below it with a count for how many tweets have been posted with that phrase in the past hour or so. That gives you an idea about the trending keywords so you can use them appropriately in your post.
- Well-curated content and profiles: If your web pages are ranking well on Google and other search engines, make sure you curate your social media profiles and posts at regular intervals to keep them updated. Otherwise, the users may think your socials are not moving with the latest trends and updates in the industry, which will be detrimental to your company’s reputation.
- Sharing the content: It won’t be enough to just create content for search engines and be done with it. You need to ensure you offer people different ways to share and propagate the content as much as possible by adding different social media buttons on the web pages. Remember to share your brand content with links to your website or relevant pages to ensure the users can check out your website easily after going through the post. Moreover, Google and other search algorithms rank web pages higher on the SERPs if users come from the backlinks on social media platforms.
- Train the social media team on SEO: You might have different teams for SEO and social media. But to ensure your social media posts get as many people on your website, you will have to teach the social media marketers basic SEO tips and the latest trends.
- Focus on engagement: Make sure you focus on posting content that will stir up a conversation in the comments of your social media posts. More and more people should join the debate and visit your website to check out your offerings.
If you want more SEO tips combined with Social Media Management, you can search for the best white label SEO experts. They are skilled and experienced in creating the best social media-integrated SEO Services.
Social media may be considered a bane by many. But there is no denying that it can help promote anything or anyone better than almost any other media. That’s why it is considered among the approaches to digital marketing. Another excellent organic strategy is search engine optimization or SEO.
When you combine Social Media Management with SEO tactics efficiently, not only can you create brand awareness, but you can also increase web traffic along with sales and revenue.
That’s why you might want to follow these tips and tricks to ensure a proven marketing tactics to promote your brand or company.
Archit is working as Content Manager & Digital Marketing Expert at WPWeb Infotech. He loves WordPress and is a passionate content writer so he spends a significant amount of time writing about it. He has a deep knowledge and interest to work with new marketing strategies. In his free time, he loves to watch Cricket, read spiritual and marketing books, and play music.