In this article, you will find out how to run a digital agency from 8 CEOs who have managed to build multi-million dollar digital agencies (each, not collectively).
A quick side note: Welcome to the Linkody blog. First time around? Linkody is an easy-to-use and affordable backlink tracker in real-time. Start your free 30-day trial here.
Have you ever heard of topseos.com?
Well, in the digital marketing world, TopSEOs is a big deal since they identify and rank the best marketing agencies across the web through a rigorous evaluation process.
Since we aim only for the best content for Linkody users, we decided to interview the CEOs of 8 multi-million dollar agencies from the “Top 100 SEO companies” ranking (where you can also see their revenues, employee count, retention rates and more interesting stats). Moreover, they agreed to answer 6 questions on how to run a digital agency.
Just like in our latest popular post, where we asked 12 SEO experts for advice on 5 evergreen SEO questions, you’ll again learn some practical tips & strategies from which you can learn how to run a digital agency.
Here are the 6 questions that we asked The Creative Momentum, Be Found Online, Rocket 55, Straight North, 1Digital Agency, PageTraffic, 1st on the List and E2M:
- Is it more practical for a digital agency to focus on a specific niche or keep the spectrum broad and why?
- What’s your top advice on how digital agencies can find more clients?
- What are the determining factors that will get a potential prospect browsing your website contact you?
- How do you deal with over demanding customers?
- How do you keep people on your team focused and productive?
- Which channels (e.g. word of mouth, paid ads, cold outreach etc.) have contributed most to your growth?
Looking for white hat backlinks?
You came to the right post.
Link building and outreach is still the backbone of SEO – without high-quality backlinks, there won’t be organic traffic. To help you out we collected 42 techniques to generate white hat backlinks that still work in 2017.
Quality over quantity.
A futile effort or your best return on investment is what you make out of link building. It’s is not black or white.
For every tactic you tell me is good, I can show you how it could be bad. For every tactic you tell me is wrong, I can find a scenario where it could be right.
– Eric Ward, author of the “Ultimate Guide to Link Building”
With the rise of organic tactics and holistic SEO, more and more marketers will focus on creating meaningful connections. More SEOs will steer away from shameless promotion and focus on helping people be smarter, happier, richer.
This post contains 41, no-BS evergreen link building tactics that still work in 2017, and guaranteed to get you white hat backlinks. Because why fixing something that already works?
As simple as they are, you still have to make them actually work by applying some common sense:
- Be relevant. Focus on opportunities that are more targeted, rather than using the spray and pray approach.
- Create a connection with your prospects. Don’t drop the bomb before you even had said “hi”.
- Don’t promote – serve. Respect is key.
- Kill them with kindness when you get rejected. Because you will get rejected. Especially if you’re just starting out with link building.
This post should act as a quick reference for to the best ways to get white hat backlinks. Brainstorm with them, jot down the tactics you like and get to work.
Let’s cut to the chase.
Wondering how to scale a digital agency when there are so many things you need to do?
Getting Things Done sounds nice in theory – but in practice..
Every little thing requires your attention and you end up doing the activities that not necessarily bring $$$, right?
Same here, so we gathered tips that can save your time and bring in sales.
One of the most requested features here at Linkody backlink tracker has been the possibility of multiple people within the same organization to work on a different client projects, all from 1 Linkody account.
Announcing the ability for Linkody Pro and Agency account owners to provide unique logins for their team members. Pro accounts are entitled on up to 2 users and Agency, up to 5 users. Continue reading